Help moving appliances to shed.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I recently moved into a private rented accomodation, the landlord has fitted about 15 cupboards but only one appliance space!

I have a washing machine, tumble dryer and dishwasher!

There is a shed with electricity in the back garden, behind the shed is a deep gutter with a drain. I have been given permission by the landlord to be able to install my washing machine and tumble dryer into the shed and have the dishwasher in the kitchen.

Now, I am quite good at DIY but plumbing isn't my strong point. I know I should really hire someone to do this but to be honest, I don't have the money at the moment.

How would I go about installing the washing machine and tumble dryer into the shed? The shed is right beside where the current washing machine fittings are in the house. There is only a small 1 meter walkway between the two, however there is an arch with current piping that I could use to somehow box in any piping etc...

Sponsored Links
Main problem with external washing machine is freezing, both supply and waste need insulation. Is the dryer a condenser or vented?

It's vented. I will buy a kit and vent it to the outside though. They aren't majorly expensive appliances so if they lasted me 2-3 years I'd be more than happy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back