washing machine and dishwasher into 1 standpipe.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

This is my first post, I just moved into a bigger house and I fgace an issue with the washing machine dishwasher and tumble dryer, the current layout of my kitchen is as follows,

I have a space underneath the sink it has a cold water source and a place to connect a waste pipe there is also a whole in the wall, big enough to put a tumble dryer hose, at the other end of the kitchen I have a cold and hot water source and a standpipe going out of the wall.

the problem is the dryer where it is currently at the end of the kitchen there is not enough space to get the hose out when we use it would would have to pull the dryer out everytime we would use it.

The idea I have is to put the dryer underneath the sink and put the hose into the whole, at the end of the kitchen put a brass y splitter and connect the washing machine and dishwasher to the cold water source.

To extend the standpipe attaching another pipe to it at a gradient with 2 nozzles space apart using an appliance trap.

So in theory each machine is connected to a nozzle and the pipe is connected to the standpipe.

Would this work?

Thanks in Advance

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back