help my bathroom wood floor stinks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my bathroom floor is just floor boarding :oops: and my cat has gotten under the bath and done all it's business under there. can anything get rid of the odour or do i have to rip up all the floor boards and replace them. :?:

Sponsored Links
you could try scrubbing them first, but mop dry with rags - you don't want to wash the soil through onto the ceiling below.

By floor boarding do you mean planks four inches wide?

Do you mean number one or number two?

You need to saturate the soultion with an enzyme solution (you can get it from most petshops - called something like "Simple Solution Urine and Stain Remover").

Time is the big thing though, you will just have to wait for it to dry thouroughly.

The best course of action is to take hold of the cat by the neck and squeeze and squeeze until the beast is dead. Then, just wait until it dries and the smell will go.

Sponsored Links
YEAH THE PLANKS ARE FOUR INCH WIDE ONES.
I ONCE HEARD THAT TREATING THE WOOD FOR WOOD WORM GETS RID OF THE ODOURS DON'T KNOW HOW TRUE IT IS.

AS FOR KILLING THE CAT, THE MISSUS AIN'T TOO HAPPY WITH THAT ANSWER. :LOL:

caplock.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back