Help need a new boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

New to the forum and looking for some advice,
We have a gloworm combi boiler in the dining room, it was here when we bought the house, owner told us it was about 5 year old, we took out homecare with british gas, we have had noting but problems, if we put the heating on the pilot goes out, the shower does not stay war, bg been out hundreds of times over the last few years and replaced all the parts on it some of them a couple of times, winter i here again bg said they condem the boiler but not as unsafe, they said we really need to get a new one,

Any ideas, i have heard british gas are expensive, i hae arranged for them to come and give us a quote on a new one, does anyone know what there prices are like and if there are anywhere else we could get one on a flexible payment plan like british gas do.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Alpha offer a loan scheme when using one of their approved installers.

Whats wrong with getting your own loan out to pay for it?

A good local independent will be between 1/3rd and 1/2 the price of BG.

A new boiler may seem expensive but seeing as you shouldnt need the homecare insurance for maybe 2-5yrs (warranty) think of the money you'll save.

If you do go for a new boiler make sure the rest of the system is bought up to standard aswell. i.e all radiator valves. Its alot more expensive getting this done as a seperate job.

Sponsored Links
Or get a competent local CORGI engineer to repair the GW boiler?

Tony

not sure if they would be able to, one of the engineers who came out to it is a neighbour of the in laws and was pretty much stumped by the boiler he advised us to get quotes for a new one, its a gloworm compact combi boiler not sure exactlt how old but i dont think its repairable as it has had all the parts changed on it a couple of times,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back