BG 330+ Warranty

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We had a BG 330+ boiler fitted almost a year ago with BG Homecare 200 free for 1 year.

Just had the renewal in for next year but they don't seem to take into account that there should still be a warranty on the boiler.

Does anyone know how long the warranty is on a British Gas 330+ boiler is?

Sponsored Links
Not certain but i dont think they work like that ie:if something goes wrong they will fix it
Also even though your boiler is a rebadged worcester (i think) you have to bear in mind its sold as a british gas boiler,even though they dont make them.
So your free year is your warentee!
One of the British gas boys will be able to confirm this.
Hope this helps
Paul

its not a worcester, its a glowworm flexicom. You had your warranty. 1 yr. BG dont give out any more than that because they want your money for the homecare.

Thanks for the info PRS1 & Mickyg, it seems a bit of a rip of, the quote I have had from BG for Homecare 200 is £267.38, yet when I get a quote on their website it is £172.50.

Even if I opt for the Homecare Flexi 200 it is £150 with £50 excess per repair.

Hmm maybe I will look elsewhere for a quote or not bother at all...........

Sponsored Links
Bg and rip off in the same sentence, now there's a surprise.

they effectively ask you to pay for an extended warranty at the the point of sale by giving you reduced price homecare offers.

as micky said, it has probably expired.

£172.50 isn't a ransom when you consider what might go wrong, and don't forget that covers the whole system, not just the boiler. you could take your chances and get a fixed repair if it goes wrong.

they effectively ask you to pay for an extended warranty at the the point of sale by giving you reduced price homecare offers.

as micky said, it has probably expired.

£172.50 isn't a ransom when you consider what might go wrong, and don't forget that covers the whole system, not just the boiler. you could take your chances and get a fixed repair if it goes wrong.

I agree £172.50 isn't a ransom but they want to charge £267.38 as I am not a new customer even though I have a new boiler......

shop around at Npower, Eon, Homeserve etc. There's lots of competition out there that is cheaper and better than BG.

Get it serviced once a year by a GOOD local independent and put by a bit of the money you'll save for if/when something goes wrong, which, being a new boiler should be quite a way off in the future.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back