British GAS 330 BOILER

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,
Does anyone know who makes the British Gas 330 boiler, and are they any good???? Also is it against regulations to channel the condensate pipe into a rainwater drain??
Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Do you want a professionally trained plumber and heating engineer come there and do the job for you,another 6 week course wonder!

Sponsored Links
In what sense are british gas taking the mickey,what are they saying and its a glow worm boiler by the way
They want £3750 for the 330 + £150 to dig a hole for the condensate to drain into???
Included in price is £435 for a power flush, and I think they are trying to make out it's a worcester bosch.

Yes but it isn't just hole is it?! it's a Limestone filled condensate soakaway unit!! Powerflush -Yes (Best Practice prior to fitting a condensing boiler with it's small waterways), as for claiming to be a WB? personnaly I'd be happier with the Glow-Worm!! as for the price ? if you don't like it shop around! but make sure you get reputible people in and check the warranty conditions on youur new boiler re power flushing magncleans or similar you pays your money and takes your choice ;)

Yes but it isn't just hole is it?! it's a Limestone filled condensate soakaway unit!! Powerflush -Yes (Best Practice prior to fitting a condensing boiler with it's small waterways), as for claiming to be a WB? personnaly I'd be happier with the Glow-Worm!! as for the price ? if you don't like it shop around! but make sure you get reputible people in and check the warranty conditions on youur new boiler re power flushing magncleans or similar you pays your money and takes your choice ;)
Does the condensate pipe have to go into the soakaway, as mine exits into a rainwater grid??

what is the quote for exactly?
If its just a boiler swap and a powerflush then its taking the pi55, but there may be other work involved which we don't know about...

f*&k that, its ridiculous. If it is as you say I reckon 2000-2500 should cover it quite easily. How long is the guarantee? I always give 5yrs on glowworms.

With the new BG pricing policy that sounds expensive unless there are other works being done?

Standard boiler swaps are about £1800+flush@£425+condensate+8 TRVs. Id say about 3k from BG would be more like it.
Are they redoing gas pipe too?

It is a Glowworm Flexicom 30. Price new about £690.00 with a Glowworm badge on it. The BG badge is made of solid 22crt gold and adds another £1000 to the price, it seems.

I have a customer who may be looking to sell his BG installed Jan 2010 BG 330, if anyone is interested.

There is nothing wrong with it, he is considering fitting a cooker range which has an integrated boiler.

He'll probably throw in the badge for nothing.

It is a Glowworm Flexicom 30. Price new about £690.00 with a Glowworm badge on it. The BG badge is made of solid 22crt gold and adds another £1000 to the price, it seems.

I have a customer who may be looking to sell his BG installed Jan 2010 BG 330, if anyone is interested.

There is nothing wrong with it, he is considering fitting a cooker range which has an integrated boiler.

He'll probably throw in the badge for nothing.
#
Many thanks,
Do building regs state that the condensate must not enter a rain water drain?????

So we are told on our installation courses.

There are a number of in line treatments that can be fitted, for instance Salamander make one, to neutralise the acid.

However, they all have to be changed periodically and this rarely gets done, resulting in backing up of the condensate and the risk of damaging your investment.

If it isn't practicable to reach a mains drain, I would advise just using a surface drain or soakaway. This was what was done in the 80s and 90s with condensing boilers.

Of course I would never do this on my jobs. :evil:

So we are told on our installation courses.

There are a number of in line treatments that can be fitted, for instance Salamander make one, to neutralise the acid.

However, they all have to be changed periodically and this rarely gets done, resulting in backing up of the condensate and the risk of damaging your investment.

If it isn't practicable to reach a mains drain, I would advise just using a surface drain or soakaway. This was what was done in the 80s and 90s with condensing boilers.

Of course I would never do this on my jobs. :evil:

Simond,
Many thanks again.

Bill

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back