Another which boiler topic - help!

Sponsored Links
The bg guy did nothing mate. He's specified a totally inappropriate boiler. Probably due to some internal target rather than what is best for you.

True - thanks for the advice, I think what has me concerned is the indi, they have been very slow to respond or send out my quote. They came out quick enough but have been very quiet since, I had to chase a lot.

Also, when I enquired re the unvented cylinder (i requested both options be priced) he didnt even explain that it may not be right the house (which I have since discovered by a combination of the BG guy and googling).

@Herts I didnt know that! What is the best way to check?

Constantly learning over here!

The thing with independent companies is that we multi task like you can't imagine. Microsoft would learn a lot from our ecg's.

Those of us doing well will stagger the release of estimates to control bookings. At this time of year, everyone thinks they're more important than the previous 30 phone calls and that problem that they struggled with for 4 months now is the most pressing thing on their mind.

By all means get some more quotes, but I think your baseline has been set, and BG have come up wanting.

Sponsored Links
The thing with independent companies is that we multi task like you can't imagine. Microsoft would learn a lot from our ecg's.

Those of us doing well will stagger the release of estimates to control bookings. At this time of year, everyone thinks they're more important than the previous 30 phone calls and that problem that they struggled with for 4 months now is the most pressing thing on their mind.

By all means get some more quotes, but I think your baseline has been set, and BG have come up wanting.

Totally understand, it must be an absolutely manic time of the year...getting colder all the time.

In my defence, only moved in 3 week ago and had the indi round that same week for a quote!

I think I will get another quote, not going with BG, but know what boiler I am after which is great.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back