help need halstead ace boiler

Wow, you were lucky!

It could still have been something else.

Today I was called by someone who spoke poor English who told me he had changed his PCB and did I think it was the pump. I told him that from what he had told me it might be.

Later he called to say he had changed the pump but that did not fix it either. I though he was going to call me to come and fix it but he didn't.

I then had a call from an Afgani tennant. I went and found the AAV failed but nothing else wrong. It turned out to be the same place the Iranian who called me was trying to fix the boiler. He had left it highly dangerous with an extension lead to the boiler in the bathroom.

The Iranian had spent £210 on parts which I advised the Afgani tenant he should not be paid for! He had not fixed the boiler and the parts were not needed!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Wow, you were lucky!

It could still have been something else.

Today I was called by someone who spoke poor English who told me he had changed his PCB and did I think it was the pump. I told him that from what he had told me it might be.

Later he called to say he had changed the pump but that did not fix it either. I though he was going to call me to come and fix it but he didn't.

I then had a call from an Afgani tennant. I went and found the AAV failed but nothing else wrong. It turned out to be the same place the Iranian who called me was trying to fix the boiler. He had left it highly dangerous with an extension lead to the boiler in the bathroom.

The Iranian had spent £210 on parts which I advised the Afgani tenant he should not be paid for! He had not fixed the boiler and the parts were not needed!

Tony

Well that true, but before I order any parts, I first make sure that all other parts are ok such as aps, flow switch and I always check the basics. I went to a boiler yesterday (28i). the customer said the hot water works fine, but the heating does not. This was a new fault coz I’ve never had this, everything seem okay such as thermisters, aps, pressure, turned out to be the pcb again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back