help need halstead ace boiler

I think this boiler has a system flow switch which is operated by the pump pressure.

Have you identified and checked that this is indeed operating its switch electrically?

The best way is usually to remove the switch and operate it at the appropriate time manually and see if the ignition sequence proceeds.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Now it should check the aps in open circuit, but it does not and the fan does not work either
are you saying the APS is not going open cicuit or the PCB is not checking the APS

Now it should check the aps in open circuit, but it does not and the fan does not work either
are you saying the APS is not going open cicuit or the PCB is not checking the APS

all the flow switch and pump switch and air pressure switch are working correctly, i have tested them on ohms. i got continuity when the switch was made and ol when not made.

i believe the aps is not going in the open position, however when i tried to link the air pressure out or even take a tube and and blow it, the boiler still did not start. i have had a look at all components and everything telling me the pcb or fan. i have eliminated the aps because i had one in my van and tried it no luck

I am not totally sure what you are asking or telling us.

Are you quite sure you have not wrongly reconnected the APS ?

That happens several hundred times every year!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Simple electrics. If you have 240 VAC at the fan the fan will spin. What on earth else is there to stop the fan spinning if 240VAC are present at the terminals?

Either someone is telling you porkies at Halstead or you have mis-interpreted their answers, are the only 2 conclusions I can come to.

I must say the fault finding diagrams appear to defy all normal logic, but then we are talking Halstead here :rolleyes:

240v to fan - is that with one probe of your meter on L at fan and one on earth or neutral (which neutral).

where are the probes when you get 240v on neutral?

240v to fan - is that with one probe of your meter on L at fan and one on earth or neutral (which neutral).

where are the probes when you get 240v on neutral?

as you know you have to wires going into the fun, when i attach my multimeter lead across the fan i get 0volt, when i attach my probe on live on fan and one on earth i get 240, and when i attach it on neutral on the fan and the other on earth i get 240v. the pcb supplys the fan power, it obviously going in but notthing getting in the pcb

this sounds like a broken neutral, can you check voltage - fan neutral at board connector to earth.

this sounds like a broken neutral, can you check voltage - fan neutral at board connector to earth.

no is not a broken neutral, don't u think i have though of that, the pcb send the pump neutral 240v, this neutral send the fan neutral 240v some way, unsure how exactly. it has to be the pcb,

You dont seem to realise that most PCB designs switch the neutral to the fan!

That means that both fan connections will be live until its switched on by the PCB relay connecting the neutral.

The only meaningful measurement is the voltage across the fan connections.

In your case thats zero because the PCB is not progressing the ignition sequence. Exactly why, I cannot guess from what you have told us yet!

Tony

am going back to the customer house with a new pcb --- i will let you know if i was right.....

And if you were not right?

Do I take it you have left this customer without any heating or hot water for the whole of the Christmas holiday?

Tony

am going back to the customer house with a new pcb --- i will let you know if i was right.....

Do I take it you have left this customer without any heating or hot water for the whole of the Christmas holiday?

Tony

i have done my best, i have tested all the components that why i believe is the pcb. as i said i'll find out on monday. if am wrong i got the comments received on this site to help me, but am quite sure the pcb will work

Tony

i have done my best, i have tested all the components that why i believe is the pcb. as i said i'll find out on monday. if am wrong i got the comments received on this site to help me, but am quite sure the pcb will work

TURNED OUT TO BE THE PCB, REPLACED IT ALL WORKING... THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR ADVICE

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back