HELP NEEDED ASAP!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi please can anybody help, i have a halstead ace high boiler and for some reason today, my central heating will work but my hot water will not, the boiler wont even fire up when i turn on the hot tap. i do have cold water though which is also running through the hot water tap (if that helps)
i really cant afford to get a plumber out.

ANYONE ANY ADVICE???

Sponsored Links
Has the pressure dropped, look at the dial it should be at about 1.5.

yes it went to zero, but i noticed a small leak on the upstairs radiator so i have sorted that. i have also raised the pressure manually so it is now at 1.5
but still no hot water :(

Sponsored Links
put the CH on and open up a HW tap and run it very slowly and come back and tell us if it gets warm or not

A quick google suggests that such a problem may need a replacement part, unfortunately you'll probably have to pay someone to fit it

thanks for all ur replies, i have tried what u said about running the hot water tap while the CH is on and nothing still cold water.
could it be the diaphragm?

This sounds so obvious, but have you switched the power off to the boiler an switched it back on at the mains as it might have "locked out" an that's the easiest way to restart it.

If the leak is fixed an it happens again its the expansion vessel in your boiler that's need replacing/recharging.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back