Help needed: Bathroom Basin tap replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys, New member here. Last week our bathroom mixer tap was leaking so I opened the side lever to check cartridge,when I fitted everything back the water does not stop and the side lever turns fully. I think I need to replace this tap now. I would be very grateful if any experienced expert here can guide how to replace this type of tap.

This is the side lever mixer tap
basin mixer tap.jpg

Under the basin

Under the basin.jpg

Does this spanner would be useful to unscrew the bolt in above image.
basin spanner.jpg

Thanks for looking this thread.

Sponsored Links
no not that spanner. you need a box spanner. the nuts on monobloc taps vary in size ,so you may be better off buying a set of box spanners ,not that expensive around 10 quid.

Sponsored Links
Hi All
Today I removed the plastic cartridge from the mono bloc mixer tap and It looks like needs replacing as the tap stays on all the time. The tap is 1/4 turn single lever joystick type. I thinks the cartridge is 25mm ,if any expert here can help identify as there are many different type ceramic mixer tap cartridges available out there.
I am attaching some pictures of the faulty cartridge here.
DSCN2753.JPG
DSCN2760.JPG
DSCN2761.JPG
DSCN2763.JPG
DSCN2765.JPG

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back