Help needed in a freezing home.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ok Someone told me becaause some of my rads were woqkin and some not(mostly not) to drain the boiler and refil it until i can afford to get a pro in.
However i did this and now my radiators wont refill please help someone ill put all the details i can below

I have 4 upstairs rads and 2 downstair rad with outlet things on.
the boiler is refilled but seems to not be heating or holding hot water.
I have a back boiler and a fortic/coil boiler.

anything else you need to know just ask as imnot sure how much this stuff will help you help me.

Thanks a million if someone can get me out of this pickle

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a blocked cold fill pipe, airlock or rads need bleeding.......

I would suggest you probably need the system flushing and cleaning.....from your post it sounds as if you don't have too many skills with heating systems.....you may need that professional earlier than you thought :cry:

Sponsored Links
Or a frozen cold feed to the F&E tank.....check the small tank can fill with water, ballcock ok and letting water out.

the head tank has refilled thats fine and the ballcock is workin

it just dosnt seam as though the water is moving from the tank to heat up through the back boiler.

Refill it nice and slowly and it won't blow the air bubble out....about 3 hours to drain it and refill it.(thats the key) ;) .

So drain it down again and refill

you can phone if you want and i will try to talk you through it, it could take all night on the forum.
my number is 07966133229. cheers Ron

you can phone if you want and i will try to talk you through it, it could take all night on the forum.
my number is 07966133229. cheers Ron

thats great mate can i ring you on wednes day thats my next day evening im a shift worker.
p.s. if your a utd or city fan ill get you earlier about 430

Ok guys this is where i am upto.

i connected my bottom rad to the mains inlet and forced the water up through the ras blead each one and they are full now.

I have got my pump working but it keeps filling with air so it needs bleeding regularly.

I am concerned that my motorized valve need opening manually but i also want the pump to run however when i turn the heating of there is no pump. is ther a way to open the valve and keep the heating on as it will not let me open it manually without the heating being off. if that makes sence.

Any Ideas

P.s the rads are starting to heat up

All motorised valves have manual override on them, usually a lever on the side that you move over and slot into a groove.

All motorised valves have manual override on them, usually a lever on the side that you move over and slot into a groove.

but the overide wont work with the heating pump on.

Can this be changed somehow?
thanksfor the quick reply compheat

the time clock controls the room stat which in turn controls the M valve when this opens it then puts power to the pump and boiler at the same time, trouble is there's lots of ways of doing all this. what make of valve have you got ? and how many connections are on it?

the time clock controls the room stat which in turn controls the M valve when this opens it then puts power to the pump and boiler at the same time, trouble is there's lots of ways of doing all this. what make of valve have you got ? and how many connections are on it?

Its a Honeywell. it just sit over one pipe its not a T

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back