Help needed please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I'm in the middle of laying a little patio (42 45cm slabs in total) in my garden. It's not near building or anything, just a little square in my garden. So far I have marked area, levelled out as much as i could, put some weed control down and purchased some sharp sand. It doesnt need to be perfect just neat and there will be no vehicles on it and only used by few people. Looking online i have seen a few ways to do it, dry/wet mix, mortar etc. I'm on a budget so in my head I was just going to use a sharp sand and concrete mix at 6/1 ratio, not sure to use water before or after using a hose? How much water is needed? Do i have to use compacted? I am a complete beginner so any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Sponsored Links
If you on base and you tight on the budget nosy on Gumtree and shpock for anyone who just took out a wall or chimney breast and giving bricks any free. Smash up for a hardcore base

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back