Help needed to change a Sunvic stat to a wireless Salus stat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We have an old Baxi system boiler with a timer below it, in the kitchen and a hot water cylinder upstairs, the Sunvic TLX 2259 stat is in the hall way.

I have studied these forums and the instructions of both the Sunvic and a replacemnt Salus RT300RF with the intention of taking the remote stat transmitter to our new extension.

I wired the new base as page 4 of the Salus instructions for 230 volt applications and it worked. However, when the timer switches off and then back on, the stat does not activate if the stat is is demand mode.

Re reading the instructions makes me wonder whether this device needs to be fed fed by a permanently live feed (which is not available at the existing location), as on page 5.

If I was to buy a unit that incorporated the timer within the wireless transmitter unit (eg RT500RF), would I be able to leave our timer unit on permanently, allowing the remote total control and hence a permanent live feed to the receiver unit in the hall way.

I have put the Sunvic back on the wall for the moment but would appreciate any help please.

Thanks,

Ged.

Sponsored Links
yes your right, you will need to change your rt300 for a rt500, these units need a permanent live so leave your existing programmer on constant and use the 500 to control the heating.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back