Help Needed With Composite Door!!

They will have to come back and keep trying until they get it right.

Do you have a long level or straight edge of some kind? Preferably a 6ft one.
Place it against the inside and outside of the frame and look for any bows or distortions in the frame.

You could do the same on the uprights but looking at the gap around the door it all looks quite good and straight.

Composite doors generally have to be fitted perfectly level, straight, plum and with no twists. Sometimes an overtightened screw or a screw at a slight angle can distort the frame.
Or he may have fitted it perfectly and the slab is a bit bowed (up-to about 5mm is considered in tolerance) so the door frame may need adjusting a little to match.

Sponsored Links
i don't have a 6ft level but i do have a 4ft one, i will see if i have any joy with that.

i have not long since got off the phone with them and they are coming back in the morning to replace the handles on the doors and have a look a the draft problem.

i will report back with my findings :D

i tried with my level and all looked fine. they have been back today and removed all the screws from the lock side and the top of the frame and packed the front of the frame between the plaster and the frame to push it back. they have then drilled into the brick at a different angle through the same holes in the frame and then put the screws back in place to hold it. and then replaced the trim round the door inside and out. the door look fine now and there is no draft. so i think they have sorted it from a draft point of view. time will tell from a secure point of view.

thanks for all your help and replys, lets hope it lasts!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back