Help needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am due to have my fuse box replaced next week, for a consumer unit, before it is replaced I am in the process of removing the old wiring from the old heaters. When removing wires from the fuse box today I knocked the incoming earth wire and saw a spark between the wire and the fuse box case. I believe i have a TN-C-S supply. What would of caused this spark. I check tightened everything in the fuse box. Wiggled the wire again and it happened again. Would like to know what could be causing this as when the new consumer unit is install any work required after testing would be a struggle to finance due to a very tight budget. I have had experience with electrics from growing up and being taught by my dad.

Cheers

Russell

Sponsored Links
Could be something (usually electronic) leaking some current back down the cpc (earth).

Just make sure its back in its terminal and tight.
Your spark will highlight any faults when he tests.

Sponsored Links
when the new consumer unit is install any work required after testing would be a struggle to finance due to a very tight budget.
If you've got an electrician planning to install a CU without doing tests first then one of you is taking a risk.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back