Help!! New baby + no hot water + no money = my dodgy diy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had a new bathroom suite fitted recently and approx 1week after that the hot water stopped. The central heating's been fine, and the timer's all set up as usual. It's a combi boiler, and someone mentioned that it may be the "paddle switch" (?!) valve on the combi boiler which may be stuck. If this is it, and it's something that can be "diy'd" then I'll be well chuffed. I can't really afford to get an expert in, and I certainly can't afford a new boiler.
Any help/advice will be greatly appreciated :cry:

Sponsored Links
I'm sure there are mny possible causes but I had a similar experience on my combi (Saunier Duval) the CH was ok but hot water would not work unless I flicked the summer/winter lever on the front of the boiler when turning on the tap. This was actually caused by a dodgy diaphragm that senses the water flowing and kicks in the heat (so to speak). Part was about £10-15 and fairly easy to fix if a bit fiddly.
I hope this is helpful! Good Luck.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back