help newbee Radiator removal problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

Can anyone please suggest how to remove this radiator. I've looked through the posts and online tutorials but the radiators appear to be different to mine, well set up different.
Here is the radiator below.

My problem is my lockshield (I think) is hollowed out and there isn't a knob to turn? and i don't want to end up with a floor of water if I try to drain the nut next to it..

Also my valve is placed on the top/left side of the radiator? this is completely different to other setups where it appears on the right/bottom of the radiator? how do I remove this from the radiator?

removing the plastic cap shows this.

further removal of plastic

If any help with how to remove this type of radiator is much appreciated. I'm kinda stuck trying to remove wallpaper and sanding with this rad in the way.

Cheers from a newbee to radiator removal.

Sponsored Links
Con you not undo the nut to the right in pic 3 then undo the nut above the valve in pic 2 to remove it

hi Craig,

Thanks for the reply, if I do remove those how do I stop the water? as in other pictures I have seen a lockshield which can be turned off but mine appears to have nothing to turn off? the little knob doesn't exist as far as I can see?

Cheers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back