Help no C/H Baxi Combi Instant boiler.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

As title says i have no central heating. The hot water works fine but the boiler will not give me any heating. I have tried bleeding the system, i have reset it i have checked the pump is working by removing the screw and it is. Nothing seems to work. It is set on the 24 clock dial to come on and switched to heating and water.

There are no waring led's flashing. It is almost as if it is not getting the signal to come on? as what ever i do i cannot get the C/H led to come on.

Anyone got any suggestions whats wrong and how i might be able to fix it?

Please!!

Thanks in advance

Fossy

Sponsored Links
Could be a dodgy time clock part number 247206 or 247207 for electronic one.
Prove it is this by joining the wires that go to terminals 3 and 4 on the back of the timeclock.

thanks i had thought it might be this, but didnt know how to check. I will check when i get back from work.

Its odd!

The clock looks like the same type used on several different makes of boiler but they fail so often on the Baxis!

Tony

Sponsored Links
To buy this as a spare part has a trade price of over 40 quid + vat but to buy it as if you were getting it for a new boiler the price is under £20+ vat.

Its a graslin timeclock. They do them for others but make subtle differences like using terminals 3 and 5 or 4 and 5 to make one boiler manufacturers part different from another thus giving them the choice of how much they want to make out of you.

The LCD version goes wrong often on Ravenheats and as Tony says I have seen these fitted to Worcesters where they hardly ever seem to go wrong.

What bugs me is that they are essentially a plug in security timer for which you can pay a tenner for a pack of 5 in the 'Sheds' a.k.a. BnQ, Wickes, Dosodall etc,

I have just fitted a new clock timer but the heating still does not work. :( I have tried to connect 3 and 4 together again but now i get nothing.

I am still getting hot water so it must be an electrical fault any ideas will be greatfully recieved the house really is getting cold now. :?:

Thanks

Fossy

By linking those wires you have completed the call for heat assuming those wires are intact and connected at the other end.

The fault lies elsewhere and it is probably the time to get someone in.
Everything else needs to be checked before lashing out on a pcb

The wire are intact and appear to be connected so your right it is probably time to call someone in.

Thanks anyway

Fossy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back