Help! not got a clue.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have worchester greenstar 30si which was installed 12 months ago. Problem is pressure falling to zero once heating is off. I have to put pressure back up to one before i switch it on again for it too work. Now here is second problem if i put to much pressure in the water runs out of the last copper pipe on right hand side, which floods the place so now i need to be very careful. Have since been told pipe should go to outside and should not have been left like that.? Also there is a white plastic pipe first one on left hand side underneath boiler which is leaking. I am totally stumped and clueless as to what to do. The fitter was corgi registered. But this is now driving me mad. And i am really worried bout costs ect or will my flooring have to come up? :cry: .

Try'd to explain this as clear as possible as plumber i am not. :oops:

Sponsored Links
White pipe sounds like the condensing drain off, should be connected to a drain somewhere.

The copper PRV pipe should terminate externally, but should not drip or leak unless there is a problem.

Your boiler should have a minimum of 2 years warranty, so call the installer back and save yourself some worrying ;)

Thankyou. Here is the next problem :mad: Cannot get hold of the fitter he wont return my calls i went to his door, told he is not in. :mad: I got plumber out on fri and he just said he would come back wed?. Said he has to get pipe to go outside. The boiler is in cupboard in my livingroom, But didnt have any answers,
so im none the wiser?
And now im obsessed with plumbing sites, so maybe ill be an expert at end of this lol.
Or drove mad. :D

Does the PRV pipe drip as the heating is warming up? does the pressure gauge rise to 3 bar on its own until the heating cools down?

If it is an issue with the boiler, then it is still covered by Worcester and their engineers will attend.

Your fitter deserves a bullet to the back of the head...

Sponsored Links
I have worchester greenstar 30si which was installed 12 months ago. Problem is pressure falling to zero once heating is off.
Have since been told pipe should go to outside and should not have been left like that.?
Also there is a white plastic pipe first one on left hand side underneath boiler which is leaking.
The fitter was corgi registered.
Cannot get hold of the fitter he wont return my calls i went to his door, told he is not in.
Then report him to CORGI for doing a shoddy job.

If you don't report him then he'll carry on doing it to other people.

Does the PRV pipe drip as the heating is warming up? does the pressure gauge rise to 3 bar on its own until the heating cools down?
Your fitter deserves a bullet to the back of the head...

Agree totally. :mad:

No it doesnt drip as far as i know. At the mo im putting kitchen roll at end of it to see if it gets wet. So ill let you know. And the gauge doesnt rise to three. Seems to settle at 1 - 2 when on but once off drops to zero. Next problem. It just keeps getting better! fitter didnt register it. So i have sent his details off tonight to Worcester will take it from there :mad: :mad:

So think i have learned the hard way on this one. :(

See "Boiler Pressure Problems" in the FAQ section

Then report him to CORGI for doing a shoddy job.

If you don't report him then he'll carry on doing it to other people.

Was on there website earlier going to phone tommorow.

Think you will find that he isnt corgi registered,sounds a **** poor job, hope you have a drain nearby for condensate,
And seems odd fitting a boiler in a living room, will be able to hear the bloody thing all the time.

Think you will find that he isnt corgi registered,sounds a p**s poor job, hope you have a drain nearby for condensate,
And seems odd fitting a boiler in a living room, will be able to hear the b****y thing all the time.

Yeah that wouldn't surprise me. Having a drain nearby for the condensate is the least of your worries though - the condense can be run into a pump which will get that outside. A bigger problem is the pressure relief pipe - if you can't get that outside somewhere you've got major problems, as that must fall all the way and terminate externally, no pumps allowed here!

Don't be put off reporting to CORGI by the way, if he's not registered then they'll be just as interested as they will if he is registered and isn't working properly.

Have just joined this site. And i just want to thank everyone who has replied, as i was just worrying myself sick over it. Costs ect.
So Thankyou! much appreciated.

One last thing lol. If i top up pressure to 1 bar will the system be o.k. to use till i get a plumber out?.

;) ;)

If all else fails and once you have had the pipe work fixed/checked, you can always call Worcester out under warranty yourself.

The number is on the instructions I hope you have been left.

But for now stop worrying, there is nothing you can change tonight and nothing seems dangerous, just dissapointing and annoying.

Have a wee dram and forget about it for now ;)

if he's not registered then they'll [CORGI] be just as interested as they will if he is registered and isn't working properly.
According to a lot of anecdotal evidence, you are wrong.

CORGI has no jurisdiction over non-registered operatives/installers. In fact, it has no jurisdiction over registered ones either, other than to de-register them for a misdemeanor.

Think you will find that he isnt corgi registered,sounds a p**s poor job, hope you have a drain nearby for condensate,
And seems odd fitting a boiler in a living room, will be able to hear the b****y thing all the time.

There is a cupboard in the livingrooom which boiler is in. And it backs into kitchen.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back