Help on how to : Shed wiring.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a shed which is about 15m away from back of house which I am wanting to put a light and 2 double sockets into it has an RCD 30amp in the shed so just a matter of wiring it up and connecting. (shed is 9ft x 10ft)
I am using 2.5 twin and earth from RCD in shed (plastic or metal conduit) to a, well a socket in the kitchen.
Problem is that the socket in the kitchen I was going to use doesnt have an earth, can I use these earth rods as people mention and would this be ok, what type of rod do I need and a how to please.

Sponsored Links
If you have a socket in your kitchen without an earth then you really, really, need an electrician, and quickly.

PLEASE stop what you are doing and get an electrician in. The cable you want to use is not fit for the purpose and it sounds like your house is not up to scratch.

Do not attempt any alterations until you have it checked

Sponsored Links
:rolleyes:

sniff, sniff, sniff.

This smells a bit troll flavoured

s6nlzl.jpg

Thanks guys, will phone one first thing in the morning.
So if I get this fixed can I use that socket to power the shed, will it be ok for what I want.

While the electrician is there discuss your requirements for the shed.

You'll be needing to dig a trench - he won't mind you doing that part of the work at all, so agree with him where to dig it.

Dont have enough funds for armoured cable!
Electrician will call out on Friday hopefully.

Was going to use conduit/trunking and saddle it in on the concrete base as I will be putting decking over it, so will be hidden from anything.

Solid concrete base around 1 feet deep in the garden, dont know what the previous tenant was up to but its solid !!!... must be bodies :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back