Help on wiring please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I wonder if anyone can help me please regarding the wiring of my central heating system ? I have a Ideal Classic 12he running just radiators, no hot water. There is a programmable room thermostat, no separate timer and a grundfoss water pump.
I cant find the booklet for the boiler and I wondered if it would be wired by simply connecting all three of these in series from the power supply ?
The room thermostat was originally wired with just two core flex into the old wiring box, the boiler and pump both had a three core flex from them into the wiring box. I did originally write down all the connections that were made in the wiring box, so that after I did the work I needed to do, I could reconnect them easily but I can't for the life of me find them anywhere !
If anybody could help I would be grateful.
Thanks - Bob

Sponsored Links
Oops, I forgot to say that the room thermostat is a drayton digistat3 sorry

http://www.idealboilers.com/docs/pdf/classic_he_manual.pdf

Thanks for that John but none of the diagrams in there are for a system where only Central Heating is run by the boiler. Would this be OK below to wire it up as ?

wiringxu3.jpg

I apologise for the drawing but that was never a strong point.

Sponsored Links
only cause the diagrams are using motorised valves for hw/ch.
as you say your live on common and switch live to pump/boiler on call for heat, which is 3 i think on the stat you have.

only cause the diagrams are using motorised valves for hw/ch.
as you say your live on common and switch live to pump/boiler on call for heat, which is 3 i think on the stat you have.

Thankyou very much secoservices. I did think that was the way to wire it up but I wasn't sure whether the stat would be allowed to have mains power running through it or whether there was another way of it signalling the boiler to start everything up when heat ws called for.

Thanks very much again. Bob

you need your boiler installation manual to see what kind of input it requires,
the boiler may need permanent feed and want to control the pump its self in respect to heat diss mode
the stat maybe a voltfree input. read your manual ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back