help please danfoss tp5000si wiring :)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys :)

just brought a danfoss wireless tp5000si and receiver rx1 what do i need to do with the wiring to the wireless receiver ? i know it needs power from the central heating junction box and the old thermostat is a wired danfoss rmt230 so do i need to just take the wire from this also into the receiver but to what terminals ????

please help :)

many thanks
kevin :)

Sponsored Links
You need to connect a 230V power supply to the N and L terminals on the receiver.

Terminal 2 in receiver is connected to the terminal in the junction box that is connected to the 'heating on' wire/terminal from the programmer.

Terminal 3 in receiver is then connected to the white wire of the motorised valve if its a 3 port mid position (Y Plan), or the brown wire of the heating motorised valve if its a 2 port valve (S Plan).

The terminals 2 and 3 in the receiver are the switch contacts that make or break when the room stat comes on or off.

Ok, white wire then.

The 240V supply for the receiver can be taken from the junction box.

Sponsored Links
hi again, how do i know what the heating on terminal is from my programmer (danfosss fp715 )

many thanks :)

Heating on is terminal 4 on the programmer.

So see which wire is connected to term. 4 in programmer, and trace this wire back to the junction box. Then connect this to terminal 2 in the stat receiver.

You may find that you need to remove an old wire from where the junction box connects the heating on/termial 4 connector to the old stat. Same with the connection in junction box where old stat connects to white wire on motorised valve.

if i could i would kiss you :) many thanks mate for all your help :) :)

and have a great xmas and new year :)

kevin :)

Blimey, I've had some satisfied customers in the past.......... :oops:

Glad you're happy with the advice.

Hope the new stat works out. If it doesn't, you know where we are.

Merry Xmas

any help ? is 0.75 wire ok to wire this up ??

merry xmas and a happy new years :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back