Danfoss tp5000si (non wireless) not communicating with rx1

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

We have a danfoss tp5000si (non wireless) thermostat downstairs in our house. Up until 2days ago it was working fine. We now have a s.30 status on our vailant boiler which means it is not receiving thermostat instructions and the heating will not come on downstairs. The thermostat clicks when increasing the temperature but the little fire symbol I am used to seeing in the top right is not showing.

We also have a thermostat upstairs in our house which is communicating fine as a red light on our rx1 receiver is red and the heating comes on upstairs. The hot water also works fine.

I have changed the batteries in the unit and reset it but no change.

Is this just a faulty unit that I need to replace or is there anything else I can do to try and re-establish the connection between the two?

Thanks for any help in advance

Sponsored Links
Am I reading the heading correctly?
You have a non wireless tp5000
By this you mean it is hard wired
What has that got to do with RX1?

Hi, yes that's right a tp5000si. Does that not interface with an rx1? Sorry was trying to provide as much detail as I could from what I have read, I may have misunderstood some of it!

Upstairs we have a tp7000-rf so guessing that uses the rx1? That all seems to be working fine

Switch off mains supply to the central heating, unclip stat from backplate. Connect the wires that are in terminals 2&3 (com&on) and join them together in the same terminal or a connector block. Switch the mains supply back on and the heating should come on now. If it does the thermostat is faulty, if it doesn't the fault is elsewhere, probably the zone valve.

Sponsored Links
Thanks very much for your advice, I will try this to see if I can isolate where the fault is

Thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back