Danfoss RX1 connectivity problems?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking for help after three failed visits to my house by local heating engineers to diagnose the problem. I have a heating system with a Danfoss TP5000 thermostat and RX1 receiver (apologies if the references aren’t correct). The system has worked fine for the past 7 years but recently the heating has only operated intermittently. When the TP5000 asks for heat the red light on the RX1 comes on and system springs into action. However, after a period of time (can range from minutes to hours) the heating switches off despite the thermostat still asking for heat and the red light on the RX1 still being on. I’ve tried changing the batteries in the thermostat but that made no difference. Can anyone help? I’m desperate to get this resolved.

Sponsored Links
local heating engineers

Obvious checks which the 'engineers' should have done:

When the heating is not working but the red light on the receiver is on, are the output terminals actually switched / have the correct voltage?
if not - the receiver unit is faulty.
if yes - the fault is elsewhere in the system, and it's then a matter of checking the voltages at each point until some failure is found. A sticking or failed zone valve being the next most likely item.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back