wireless themostat and boiler won't communicate

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a new boiler fitted and have bought a Danfoss wireless thermostat. I have wired as instructed and the thermostat receiver and transmitter are working perfectly, but the boiler will not communicate. The boiler is a Procombi Exclusive 30 (chosen by plumber) and a Danfoss TP5000si + RX1 Room Thermostat. Any ideas? I cannot get in contact with the plumber. I had the same Danfoss thermostat in my last house and it worked perfectly - I am totally confused.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Have you got a multimeter? If you do check you have a live supply from the boiler and when the thermostat is calling do you have a live return back to the boiler.

Oh and get those wires clipped :LOL: its like spagetti junction there :D

Is the heating running permanently regardless of the thermostat settings or is it just not running at all?

Have you got a multimeter? If you do check you have a live supply from the boiler and when the thermostat is calling do you have a live return back to the boiler.

Oh and get those wires clipped :LOL: its like spagetti junction there :D

I'll check the power - already clipped the wire up, now looking neat.

Is the heating running permanently regardless of the thermostat settings or is it just not running at all?

Heating runs fine but just pumps out the setting on the boiler(so all or nothing so to speak), everything works fine water and radiators - the thermostat transmitter and receiver speak to each other and when the temperature states that the boiler should be lit the red light come on the receiver, so that end is working it seems that the problem is with the two communicating.

Something must be wrong in the wiring between the built in timer, thermostat and frost stat. I'm not familiar with these boilers wiring but I would follow things back logically to see whats wrong.

Does the heating stop of the inbuilt timer is off?

Can you start again by removing the two room stat switching wires from the RX1 at the boiler control panel? The boiler should then not be running for heating.

(I'm wondering if there's a wire link still present or the frost stat is possibly overriding the new room stat.)

Something must be wrong in the wiring between the built in timer, thermostat and frost stat. I'm not familiar with these boilers wiring but I would follow things back logically to see whats wrong.

Does the heating stop of the inbuilt timer is off?

Yes everything on the boiler works with its own timer, just have no way of controlling the temperature, so I bought the Danfoss set up as I have one before. I am assuming that it is a simple job for a plumber, but the guy who did it is not contactable or cannot do it for personal reasons. If its a quick easy fix I can do it myself, if not I either have to wait or get someone else in.

Can you start again by removing the two switching wires from the RX1 at the boiler control panel? The boiler should then not be running for heating.

(I'm wondering if there's a wire link still present or the frost stat is possibly overriding the new room stat.)

There was one link in the heating side that I removed as the instructions stated. Without the link or the thermostat installed the boiler does not fire, I assume that this correct?

Lets see this multimeter as well :LOL:

You should have a wire from the inbuilt programmer which becomes live when its on, this should go directly to t2 on the rf reciever. The wire from t3 should then go back to where the programmer switch live used to go.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back