Help please. I'm only getting boiling hot water!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI I have a ferroli modena 102 combi boiler and the hot water only seems to be one temperature which is boiling hot.
Turning the temperature adjustment down does not not make any difference. This has been a constant problem since I moved in to house 1 year ago just never got round to fixing it.
Any help is appreciated
After reading the manual for boiler I think it may be the temperature sensor for the domestic hot water flow.
I've found the part ( I think this is it, http://www.boilersparesdirect.co.uk/parts-online/shopexd.asp?id=36783 ) for £20 but its for two sensors, does that mean I would have to change the sensor on the central heating aswell ( the heating works fine ).
Also if this is the problem is it hard to change the sensors or would it be advised to call in a pro.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
The nfirst thing to do is let the boiler become completely cold.

Then measure the resistance of the two sensors!

Tony

thanx for the reply. think i'll just get someone in to do it, i'm ok at plumbing but dont know much about central heating

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back