Help Please - Noisy Central heating

Hi Darren,

5 rads upstairs. 3 have TRVs.

5 rads downstairs. None have TRvs

We don't have an automatic bypass valve fitted.

Just a 3 port 2 position valve for HW or CH. This valve sometimes sticks in summer and all the rads get hot.

Sponsored Links
Sorry - make that:

5 rads upstairs. 3 have TRVs. As I mentioned, 1of the ones with no TRV was off until this morning. I also noticed the remaining TRV free one was cold when others were warm. Not sure if that is piped in serieas with one that has a TRV. Would not suprise me:)

7 rads downstairs. None have TRvs

We don't have an automatic bypass valve fitted.

Just a 3 port 2 position valve for HW or CH. This valve sometimes sticks in summer and all the rads get hot.

you don't need abv if all rads are'nt fitted with trv's
it sounds as it's only dirt in the system
get yourself some fernox heavy duty restorer or ds40 and this will clear the issue
my e-mail is in my profilejavascript:emoticon(':D')

Sponsored Links
Just for sake of thread completion - Had the boiler moved when we did our new kitchen. Was no sign of buid up and checked the ater ran clean during draining/flushing. I asked the guy to change the thermo sensor in the voiler. Has been fine now for about 3 months! Thanks for all the help.

Craig

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back