Help Please; Potterton Kingfisher MF

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all, newbie here. My boiler seems to be working fine however, it seems to be ignoring the 'Lifestyle' timer control unit. The boiler will remain on when the preset time should be off, and even when I switch the timer to off, it stays on. The only way to actually turn the boiler is off by the rotary knob on the front cover (the temp selector). PCB was changed a couple of years ago, everything else seems to be fine. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Kind Regards
Paddy PD

Sponsored Links
Hi Daniel
thanks for your quick response. I am not a gas engineer, don't know much about boilers, but i'd just like an idea of what the problem could be...
The boiler is working fine, the pump appears to run as normal. i believe the 3 way valve could be a bit iffy, but trying to nurse the system as having a major house renovation next year, involving new heating system etc.
Thanks

You have a diverter valve, turn timer to off, room stat turn down, check that the valve isn't stuck and returning to rest stop.

Daniel

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back