help please!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all

I have a problem with the ceiling in my bathroom, its driving me crazy. The bathroom has a ventilation problem which I have slowly resolved. My problem is there is lots of mould on the ceiling and due to the damp the paint is pealing at bits. Do I simple scrape the paint off and re-paint it? even the paint which is ok, will it be easy to remove????? What tools should I use, so I don't damage the plaster beneath? is there any paint solutions to help prevent mould??? I want to tackle this problem. I just don't know where to start!!! I feel clueless about this issue!!!

thank you helen

Sponsored Links
hi all

I have a problem with the ceiling in my bathroom, its driving me crazy. The bathroom has a ventilation problem which I have slowly resolved. My problem is there is lots of mould on the ceiling and due to the damp the paint is pealing at bits.

Do I simple scrape the paint off and re-paint it?

Scrape off the loose stuff yes..but you need to check why its peeling though..otherwise it wont matter what you put over it, it will still peel.

even the paint which is ok,
will it be easy to remove?????

Who knows..

What tools should I use, so I don't damage the plaster beneath
?

I would use a filling knife instead of a scraper..the blade is thinner, some abrasive paper, and a soft brush

is there any paint solutions to help prevent mould???

Anti mould paint..jonstones do one, its not a total cure but it will help

I want to tackle this problem. I just don't know where to start!!! I feel clueless about this issue!!!

thank you helen

Good luck

If you start scraping it you'll be there a fortnight.

Give it a coat of Polycell 3in1 mould killer then when dry follow with a couple of coats of oil based undercoat.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back