Pealing paint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi can anyone help

the paint in my bedroom is pealing the walls are not damp iv tested them.
the paint has been on for 3 years and is pealing in bits under the window in the corners. Iv tried to patch it up by scraping the old paint sanding the area and touching up.the problem is when the new paint touches the edges of the old paint the old paint starts to lift what should i do?

help

Sponsored Links
check the type of paint you have already oil base or water base if your using a oil base over the top of water base you will have a chemical reaction you can test this with metho, but sounds like you have the incorrect paint your applying

Hi ozhandyman thanks for the tip.
The paint was a band q mat water base and there was only the plaster under it I was thinking of using a kitchen or bathroom paint because thought they would be tougher but I guess that would be a bad idea if their are oil based lucky you told me that :LOL:. if i put that paint on filler/ smother over would that work to fill the crocks before re painting?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back