help plz

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
the mains box for the intruder alarm is in the cupboard under the stairs is making some kind of noise same kind as the fridge does for example, does it supposed to be like that or should it be absolutely quiet? can you listen to yours plz to see if they make any noise :?:

Sponsored Links
the mains box for the intruder alarm is in the cupboard under the stairs is making some kind of noise same kind as the fridge does for example, does it supposed to be like that or should it be absolutely quiet? can you listen to yours plz to see if they make any noise :?:

some don`t - most do ............... when did it last have a battery change?

it was installed in 2004 whenthe house was built , so since then it never had battery changed, how often should it be changed, nobody told us anything about it, alarm is working fine its just that noise like from the fridge not as loud as a fridge though but i think that noise was always there i was just thinking is it normal

so is this little noise normal? and also this noise is not always there at the moment its very quiet so its goes on and off, can you tell me why plz?
also should battery be changed? will it be quiet then or not
and how do i replace battery and where do i get it from :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
so is this little noise normal? and also this noise is not always there at the moment its very quiet so its goes on and off, can you tell me why plz?
also should battery be changed? will it be quiet then or not
and how do i replace battery and where do i get it from :rolleyes:

the alarm has a transformer (to alter the voltage) that buzzes - the level of noise is one of the things that seperates the good from the bad, an old battery won`t help as it makes the TX work harder.

you can get a battery from an online retailer such as security warehouse or pay someone to give the system a full service ...........?

hi thanks for your reply , how much approximately the service would cost? and how often buttery should be changed?

and also are the batteries for intruder alarms all one size and will fit any alarm make mains panel?

and also are the batteries for intruder alarms all one size and will fit any alarm make mains panel?

this is where it gets "difficult" ............ take the old one out and replace with one the same

2.1 amp

2.8 amp

3.2 amp

7.0 amp

12.0 amp

17.0 amp

assuming its the correct one fitted in the first place -what control unit is it?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back