Help! Probs with 106!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya,
I have a 97/P peugeot 106 xtd
In the week, my battery light came on for some unknown reason - I've been able to start it and everything just fine since, but it's weird. Also since then, my steering has gotten quite heavy when turning corners, like somethings gone wrong with the power steering or something. Do you think the power steering fluid might need a top-up? And any ideas on the battery light? I think they have to be connected, as they happened pretty much the same time... but I can't see how!
Thanks in advance for any ideas you folk might have!!

Sponsored Links
ch427 said:
sounds like the belt that drives the alternator has come off or broken

Yep.
Probably just loose as i think it's the same belt which runs alternator and p/steering pump.

Sponsored Links
Thanks everyone, you were right - it was the belt.
Took it to my local garage, made an appointment for diagnostic and repair, went back out and for the first time since it happened, it wouldn't start (flat as a pancake!) Think it was holding out til I got it there, then flopped hahaha.
So they very kindly did a shuffle and looked at it there and then (though it could be so they got my vehicle off their premises :LOL: )and turns out I had a small fuel leak which corroded the rubber and made it break. They replaced the belt for me and it's due in on friday (the same appointment I originally made!) to get the leak sorted.
Thanks, you guys! :)

Back