Help putting kingshield t62 timer on baxi 80e

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have a baxi 80e combi and have got a Kingshield T62 timer off motherin laws boiler, which i want to fit to replace the mechanical timer in the boiler at present, I have had a look at the manuals but not to clear, from what i can gather the boiler has a live 240v coming from terminal 1 which goes to the timer and the return from the timer goes to terminal 2 (easy) but on the timer there is a live , neutral ch off and ch on as well as hot water which i dont need to use.

Do i connect the CH on terminal within the timer to terminal 2 on the boiler?

Do i not need the CH off terminal on the timer connecting? if so what to?

There are 4 wires going to the mechanical timer but nothing on what they are, are they exactly what I need L,N, CH on, CH off ? if so which is which?

Any help is much apreciated.

Sponsored Links
You need to make all connections to the main terminal block; the mechanical timer will have to be set to always ON.

Run a 3-core without earth cable (or 4 core with earth) from boiler to timer location. Connect Brown and Blue to the L and N terminals at each end. Connect the remaining non-earth wire to terminal 4 on the timer and terminal 2 (opposite end to fuse) on the boiler terminal block. Remove link between terminals 1 and 2 on the boiler. If you have a cable with an earth wire, this can be connected to the earth terminals at both ends, but it is not strictly necessary.

So i need to keep the mechanical timer still connected but switched to always on? not disconnect it?

and basically I need power to the live and neutral on the timer and then a wire from terminal 4 on the timer to terminal 2 on the boiler

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Yes.

The reason you need to keep the old timer is that it plugs into a socket on the circuit board, which would have a dummy plug to complete the circuit if the timer was not present. If you just remove the timer the circuit will not be completed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back