Help putting together stand and wheel kit for Record Power bandsaw

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there- bit of a long shot but does anyone have the Record Power BS 250 Band Saw with the stand and wheel kit?

I thought the instructions for the bandsaw itself were tricky but the ones for the stand are next level challenging. The instructions tell you to secure the wheels to the frame using the pin and washer provided- no other description and the pictures are completely blurred so impossible to fathom how it actually goes together.

The wheel itself comes with a bolt and washer loosely screwed onto the bolt, which are not referred to in any way in the instructions. I've taken a picture of the components. How does one attach the wheels using the pin and washer?? There's no hole for the pin to go through.

Attachments

• E8930D83-6940-4643-9315-AA8B9CED891E.jpeg
    E8930D83-6940-4643-9315-AA8B9CED891E.jpeg
    337.4 KB · Views: 64
  • 5AF57BC1-D180-4538-A0B1-15E75EAE7292.jpeg
    5AF57BC1-D180-4538-A0B1-15E75EAE7292.jpeg
    268.6 KB · Views: 62
Sponsored Links
Looks like the factory forgot to drill the threaded portion.

Ok thanks. I did wonder something like that, or they had changed the fitment method I.e bolt rather than pin and not updated the instructions. I don’t really get why you’d secure the wheels with a pin rather than bolt anyway but perhaps it will make sense when it’s all put together.

Yea makes no sense why you'd use a pin rather than nuts, if you use the nuts everywhere else you know you're supposed to on the sand then do you have some you can use on the castors? Or will you be four short?

71DKJTjhaaL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Sponsored Links
Two alternatives for you - either get yourself a Nyloc nut and use that instead of the standard nut, or apply a thread locking compound (e.g. Loctite) to the nut. In both cases don't tighten the nut fully and the clevis pun isn't needed. Double nutting will also work

Are these castors such poor quality that the threaded stem has to turn within the holes in the frame? Rather than the wheels turning independently of the threaded stem?

Thanks all. Found a technical helpline which they actually answered quite quickly and were helpful in resolving this issue. Turns out they changed the design to secure the wheels with the nuts, but haven’t updated the instructions yet!

The idea is good, but the construct is too flimsy. If used at all regularly the casters don't survive. I strengthened with 18mm ply and much heavier duty casters. Now it works. (Mine is a BS350)

Ah. Quality Chinese manufacturing at its' best

Ah. Quality Chinese manufacturing at its' best
It's actually quite a decent machine, apart from the carp OEM wheel system. I have also upgraded mine with a fully-bearinged RIKON guide system https://www.rikontools.com/sellsheets/10-900.pdf which fits with a little fettling (an upgrade originally documented over on ukworkshop forum) and is vast improvement on the original set-up (it's now similar to the Record Power sabre).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back