Help re hot water pressure.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys

I have a problem with hot water pressure.
I live in a single storey cottage so the immersion cylinder and all pipe work etc is on the same level.

The water flow to the bath is fine to the bathroom sink it is slightly slow and to the kitchen sink it is mearly just above a trickle. (all these taps are within 3mtrs of each other).

Is there any way I can increase the water pressure by adding a pump of some sort ?
If so what type of pump would I need And where abouts in the system would I fit it and how would I fit it.

Or does anyone have any other suggestions for how I can increase the hot water pressure.

Hope someone can help.

Cheers Jim

Sponsored Links
Bath flow is probably better because it is 22mm copper.

You could invest in a 'home booster' pump, often referred to as a bronze pump. This would kick in and boost the hot water outlets when used.

Sponsored Links
Some continental taps are not suitsable for our low pressure systems. i would think a new set of kitchen taps suitable for low pressure would be be a better investment long term.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back