Help replacing thermostat on Worcester 28i Junior

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm trying to replace a faulty thermostat on our Worcester 28i Junior combi boiler with a new thermostat purchased from Wickes. I've wired it the way I believe to be correct based on the circuit diagrams (below), but it doesn't trigger demand when powered on and turned up.

Here's how the old thermostat was wired (live connected to 2, neutral connected to 1, earth connected to 3):

20100203-qppm1sbk3rkr56n9wm4kmx7peg.jpg

And here's the new one (live connected to 1, neutral connected to 3):

20100203-jicqw2s1m2668imemydf7nwkgp.jpg

Here's the connection at the boiler (there's no thermostat connected at the moment, but I've been connecting live to LR and neutral to Ns):

20100203-k6rbey3uw5ukp3f72ka4b9n5cr.jpg

Finally, here are the diagrams for the thermostat and boiler:

20100203-d6k1uauhknw136w5a9en6bkce6.jpg

20100203-q6hahs72i9xqpwbr1eaini9bbq.jpg

Is the way I've been connecting it correct, or have I missed something? Very grateful for any advice.

Sponsored Links
Looking at your picture, you already have a link in LR LS. Therefore your thermostat would not have been working????????????
Take out the link and replace with your two wires
Good luck

Sponsored Links
Many thanks to all -- got it all hooked up and working wonderfully this evening. Much appreciated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back