Worcester 28i Junior NEST wiring Please Advise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All, I am new here, I've spend most of the day to search how to connect my 28i to Nest, Could someone please shed some light here and tell me if my understanding is correct?

here is a photo of my Boiler connections,,

LS to Live Terminal
NS to Neutral
LR to Call for Heat
Link live with Common
and now as you can see on the picture there is a link between LS and LR on the boiler would that stay?
Would that be alright??

at the moment there isnt any thermostats connected at all, just this mechanical dial...

So if this is correct would i just need a 3 core wire and just matter of connecting it all together? please advise, and thanks in advance
Regards Martin

View media item 83852 View media item 83794 View media item 83853

Sponsored Links
as far as i can tell, the L and N to provide power for nest should come from the L and N the flex is connected to, or ideally from the isolator to the boiler

terminals 2 and 3 on the nest should be connected to the two terminals with the short jumper wire connected across them, after removing the jumper wire entirely.

It's easy to wire up.

Pick up phone....dial a nest pro installer.....requested visit. Get visit,...get nest installed....pay contractor....happy nest use.

Regards, a contractor.

Sponsored Links
or that. i'm swithering between the nest and the tado, either way i'll fit my own. really isn't hard to do. the guys who fitted my boiler recently told me which bits to connect the nest to, as i told them i was probably going with the nest, but didnt have it yet.

or that. i'm swithering between the nest and the tado, either way i'll fit my own. really isn't hard to do. the guys who fitted my boiler recently told me which bits to connect the nest to, as i told them i was probably going with the nest, but didnt have it yet.

I've got one coming off the wall in my house, only 2 months old.
They really arnt all that. Pretty though.

thanks for the reply all, mine is coming from Amazon today, so gonna try to wire it myself,,, Just need to pop in to Maplin and get some wire...

So yeah i'll get the power connected to the isolator, and connect the rest of them, thanks scotsgraeme for the answer, so just to clarify,, In the boiler link between LS and LR need to come off permanently? and create a link inside the heat link between Common and Call for Heat? So no link between Live and Common?

Reason why i am asking this... https://community.nest.com/thread/4616

someone was hooking up 38cdi Worcester and this is what the guy advised to do,,, seems like most of these brand boilers gets connected(might be wrong) same way...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back