Help required for Alpha 280E/CombiMax350.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Guys

Newbie here. I need help/advice on the above boiler. I've had nothing but problems with this boiler. :(

The heating side of it isn't bad, it takes about an hour or so to spark up and go ...... Don't really know if this is normal or not. :confused: I turn the dial to heating or heating /hot water and it'll spark up straight away ..... only to switch itself back off a couple of minutes later. It'll do this for a while until the radiators start heating up. :mad:

The other problem I have is the hot water side of it. I turn to dial to Hot Water. I then run the tap. I should expect the hot water light to come on but it doesn't. It doesn't come on .... ever. I've had the diaphram, thermostates changed but it worked for a day or so and then went back to the way it was. :mad: :mad: :mad:

The only way I get hot water is to turn the dial to heating, wait a couple of hours so the tank builds up enough hot water.

Any help/ideas is much apprecaited.

Thanks

Losty

Sponsored Links
Hi Cider

Thanks for the advice, much apprecaited. The thermostates been replaced and so has the diaphram.

I've also noticed that the pressure goes sky high when I turn the dial to heating and hot water (after less than an hour of switching to on). and when I switch off the central heating and hot water dial, it goes down to below pressure.

Is this normal? Would the domestic HW heat exchanger is becoming blocked cause this? What about the possibility of the diverter valve?

Any help is much apprecaited.

Losty

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back