Alpha 280e no hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My alpha 280e combi boiler is very erratic in terms of heating the hot water. When I turn the hot tap on in the morning the boiler doesn't light and there is no flow of water at all, not even cold water comes through. Sometimes when I switch the heating/water selector switch back and forward a few times, this seems to free things up and the boiler lights, with hot water following a couple of minutes later. This process can take about 10 minutes though. I am on a BG service contract and have had them out 4 times in the last 6 months. I think they must have changed every working part, but still no improvement. I'd appreciate any inspirational thoughts....Thanks

Sponsored Links
changed every working part
Get them to change the part which isn't working. :D

The switch you mention can't possibly affect the water flow.

I'd go for the flow restrictor, but they surely must have been in there already.

What's your cold water pressure like? Do you live at the top of a block of conversion flats?

Not a whole lot we can advice you apart from, be patient, keep calling them back as soon as the boiler hicks up and get a –calls-included-phone-package. Do not do anything yourself as this will be used as an excuse not to fix the problem, or charge for repair

I know someone with an Alpha 240 on BG contract. 9 visits so far.....but still haven' sussed the plate needs cleaning. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I know someone with an Alpha 240 on BG contract. 9 visits so far.....but still haven' sussed the plate needs cleaning. :LOL:

Would it not work out cheaper for bg to give the boys more than 45 minutes per customer including travel and paperwork? 10 minutes for a cuppa, and you hardly have time left to check the pressure before you leave to the next job
:(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back