Help required with fitting/buying WC

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I have taken the existing WC out of my cloakroom which is of the size 145X77cm. The previous WC was a tywford non-close coupled WC.

My soil pipe is from the ground and measure about 10cm in diameter. The soil pipe distance from the rear wall is 11 cm.

The distance between the wall and the (middle of) soil pipe is about 16cm.

The previous WC fitted nicely into the soil pipe with a (backwards 7 shaped) Pipe (don’t know the name you call these pipes... traps?..)
Though I did not measure the (horizontal) distance between the wall and the hole from the WC, but I guess it will probably be close to btw 25 & 30 cm.

This looks like a big issue for me because I thought it would be a straight replacement job for the WC connection into the floor soil pipe

Now I've been looking at a few close-coupled WC’s and most of the new WC's seem to have a horizontal hole distance of about 140-160cm! to the wall. This means that the hole in the WC will be way too close/above the soil pipe.

What are my options please?

Thanks

cooa99

Sponsored Links
Options would be box out behind the cistern on a close coupled Wc or replace like for like with a low level cistern.

Rico

Thanks,

looks like a common issue after doing a search on forum. What are the best options for boxing out as you mentioned. My walls are damn plasterboards

cheers

Sponsored Links
Stick a `kin batten to the damned plasterboard with "sticks like sh*t " then , FFS ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back