Help Required

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had to take a radiator off the wall to re-fix it.Now i have no hot water or heating.I think the problem maybe an airlock :confused: but dont know how to sort it out.Any advice?

The boiler i have is a Potterton Flamingo 50s.

Ps. When i switch the water/heating on the Boiler lights up for approx 30 secs and then switches itself back off :confused:

Sponsored Links
I've read the "Sticky: Look Here First - FAQ" thread.I can't find anything that relates to the problem i have :(

Anyone?

Sponsored Links
Hi Saraht: I don't what type your boiler is, but if it is a combi and you have a preesure gauge which showed about 1 bar. The pressure would be lost when you refitted the radiator and allowed it to refill with water. So it may be a simple matter of re- instating the pressure, using the filling loop.
So do you know if it's a combi ?
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

sounds like the pump or an airlock.

More info about the system needed

hiya,
same thing happened to me the other day.
it just needs refilling for a few seconds then pressure gauge will rise and sorted..
PS boiler was saunier duval

Talk about the blind leading the blind!

This is a very old system boiler!

Probably air in the pump or system, look in the system bits at the top of the site page.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back