Help!!!! Scratch coat/Bonding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, i have just started replastering my flat,i decided to use a render base coat as the old stocks are a little ropy and i wanted to strengthen the walls up as much as possible, my question is are there any reasons why, after i have raked out the joints well on the internal walls and applied the scratch coat that i can't use a bonding coat over the scratch followed by the finnish. I know one would usually use a render float coat over the scratch then finnish but bonding is going to be lighter on the old tennis elbow :cry: . Would REALLY appreciate some professional advice! Many thanks. B

Sponsored Links
A Bonding float coat onto a cement scratch coat is not a problem. Use a waterproofer in the s/coat mortar though.

Roughcaster.

Waterproofer in the scratch coat will make the job of floating the wall with bonding,, or Hardwall, much easier. It will also more or less eliminate the chances of efflorescence/salts from coming through the plaster from the old brickwork. You might find Hardwall an easier undercoat to work with in the long run.

Roughcaster.

Sponsored Links
Thank you very much Roughcaster-i'll be on the case first thing tomorrow. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back