Help! Sterling alarm connected to same fuse as lights!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have moved to a new home where there is a sterling 10 alarm system installed. I am in the process of changing some of the light fittings within the house, and when I flick the switch for the fuse to the downstairs lights, the alarm system goes off.

I have looked through all of the settings and user manual, and can't seem to find a way that I could turn the power to the lights off without the alarm sounding at the same time.

Any help please.

Sponsored Links
Buy a new battery for the alarm.

The most common complaint about non maintained systems is this fault and the most answered.

If and when you change the battery, flick that fuse off and then change the battery (12vdc 7Ah). Yes the system will ring outside (what you are experiencing now). But will stop you getting electrocuted if your unsure about these things.

I know you said your changing light fittings but its always prudent to warn about this.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back