HELP! Stuck Beading

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

First post here, but bit of a long time lurker. I've been trying for some time to remove the beading from a blown window, but i've been seemingly unable to remove.

I've tried using a chisel/scraper/screwdriver to push the beading up, and out, it just doesn't appear to move.

I've also tried a 'sheerframe' tool to prise the beading away, as it looked similar to another video I saw. However, this just resulted, ultimately, in cracking the pane.

The same window type is situated all around the building, and i've tried some other frames that look in better condition and tried each method again and they just don't seem to budge!

Sorry, I should add, I also tried to remove the rubber seal and this also doesn't want to budge and essentially disintegrates.

I don't think it's external beading, but i'm certainly no expert!

Does anyone have any ideas how to remove these?

Thanks in advance to any and all suggestions! :)

Jamie

1677676345745.jpeg1677676354024.jpeg

1677676345745.jpeg

Sponsored Links
EDIT: Added to original post.

Sorry, I should add, I also tried to remove the rubber seal and this also doesn't want to budge and essentially disintegrates.

I don't think it's external beading, but i'm certainly no expert!

Hi, did you figure this one out? Im having the same problem/have bead that looks like yours

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back