Help to find correct M6 T-slot bolt/nut for LED profile please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're also readily available without the attached 'rings'. As has been said, they can usually be found in big garden centres, and also the likes of Homebase and B&Q etc. I'm not sure exactly what there dimensions are (but I think I have some in cellar, and will have a quick measure in a moment!)
I have two types in my cellar, one has a rectangular head (with rounded corners, to allow it to be slipped into the slot and then rotated into position), about 10.2 x 6.75 mm and 4.1 mm 'high', and the other has a square head, about 10.6 x 10.6 mm and about 2.8 mm 'high'. The latter is M6. The former also has a ~6 mm thread, but somewhat coarser than standard M6 (but comes with its own nuts). The head of the former (4.1 mm high) would obviously need a little filing!

I think you would find a number of variations on this theme in the shops.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
the ones with the rings tend to be steel as they could have a "pulling" load and obviously the ring could be discarded(or could be left and the track fixed to stage uprights with cable ties through the ring)

the ones with the rings tend to be steel as they could have a "pulling" load and obviously the ring could be discarded(or could be left and the track fixed to stage uprights with cable ties through the ring)
All true, but I imagine that the ali ones would probably be more than strong enough for the OP's purpose.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
Just to report back. I ground down the top of an M6 bolt and that works fine. Thanks for the help. Here's the prototype stand with 2 ground down bolts - will make the next one a bit simpler, but this proves the concept and that the 100mm vertical piece in the photo is enough to hold the fixture.

IMG_20190331_164725.jpg

IMG_20190331_164519.jpg

Here's a 10s video of it doing its thing.

Thanks for the help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back