Help! wasching machine leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I had to remove my sump pipe like a month ago and since I put it back it has been leaking, I think through the jubilee clip. I tried everything including changing the pipe but nothing seems to work. Please see picture. What am i doing wrong and how can I stop the leak for once?.
Thanks
//www.diynot.com/network/North/albums/9344

Sponsored Links
They can be quite awkward to get on properly and seal. Sometimes I take a couple of go's to get it right as some can be a real pain especially round the back, make sure the clamp is done up fully tight as well.

As a point from your pic, there seems to be water marks running down the drum from above the sump hose. Also on the top of the pump and sprayed water marks on the bottom suspension strut.

I assume the water marks come from the leak sprying water to the drum and other areas around. Where else can the leak come from? is not easy to look but I can see water pouring down the sump hose when the waching machine is centrifugating

Sponsored Links
Hi, I managed to fix the leak. I followed your suggestion and it turned out that the leak came from the water inlet rubber pipe, which is above the sump and made it look as if the leak came form the bottom. Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back