Help wire a programmer, themostat to a combi boiler PLEASE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI,

I have just had a Chaffoteaux Calydra combi boiler installed and am having problems connecting it up to a digital programmer and analogue thermostat. Can any one help?

I have 3 wires going to and from the thermostat, a live, switch live and neutral (I assume!) and on the rear of my timer I have the following:

L
N
1 (Common)
2 (ON)
3 (OFF)

I have a mains feed in to the live & neutral (L&N) terminals and an additional pair of wires coming from L&N going to the L&N inside my boiler. I can get hot water fine.

Inside my boilerI have the following contacts:

o - Room thermostat contact
o - States Anticipating resistor 24V
o - Room thermostat contact
o - Live
o - Neutral

Still with me?

The boiler has an analogue clock built in to it which I have unplugged and put a link between the contacts left by it (as stated in the manual)

My question is this::

How do i wire in the thermostat and programmer?? I have no idea what wire goes where, I have tried several combinations and it just ignores the thermostat.

The boiler manual states that the programmer must be either 24v or use voltage free switching, the timer I have is a Lifestyle LP711 which conforms to this.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Bryan

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back