Thermostat?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have a biasi boiler and want to install a sunvic wireless thermostat. On the boiler I have a live and a neutral there is also a black wire in between and on the themostat I have SL(off) Lin SL(on) L and N. I have connected the L and N to the L and N on the boiler and thought that would be it but when the thermostat is connected the boiler does nothing. Where am I going wrong?? the boiler is valt free and so is the thermostat. Please help. :mad:

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
by the sounds of it link between SL off and SL on

remove link and connect to external time control/stat

unless you know better Dex ;)

Maybe it's late and I'm getting confused, but I'd have gone for L and SL(on) to replace the link. Didn't think that SL(on) and SL(off) could ever meet to complete the circuit.

without digging oot MIs for boiler and stat

stat receiver has a live and neutral feed (could be from anywhere, flex and 3 pin plug)

stat receiver has a relay which is powered from the L,N

whatever the stats equivelant of C and NO is links to boiler C and NO outlet for external timeclock/stat

and with that....

goodnight gentlemen

Maybe it's late and I'm getting confused, but I'd have gone for L and SL(on) to replace the link. Didn't think that SL(on) and SL(off) could ever meet to complete the circuit.

CORRECT.

sorry Im still a know nothing to$$er

I am so stupid could you please explain in stupid terms. where does the live and neutral go. and should there be any links or anything.
Cheers

Just an update under the sticker it actually says NC, COM, NO, N and L. and I think these are the connections I need as it's volt free. please help.

Pity - it's too far (I'm in South Manchester).

Can you provide details of what specific sunvic model thermostat you have and also which boiler you have? Then (if noone else can advise), I'll search for diagrams and see if we can get somewhere towards a solution.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back