Wireless room thermostat wiring

A better way is as follows:

Connect receiver to L , N and E as in the 230V diagram (leave link in place).
Disconnect the white wire from 9 and connect it to 4.
Connect a wire from receiver SL ON to terminal 4.

The CH side of the original programmer has now been bypassed.

Agreed DH, the Com from 4 and SL are both in the wiring center 9.

All you need to do is seperate them and connect them into the receiver.

A simple job and why I posted the drawing showing how it should be. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
A simple job and why I posted the drawing showing how it should be.
But you forgot to post the drawing!

MSP1 said:
Just to check for peace of mind, there is no earth connector on the thermostat receiver, just SL off, SL on, L and N, and a second L connected via the jump wire.

I'm not missing something important with earthing am I?
Just ignore any reference to earths - the receiver is double insulated.

Permanent LNE are straight forward. Now remove the wire from CH-ON in your programmer and connect it to "heat-on (SL-on) in the receiver.
That's confusing! There are two wires on terminal 9: one from the programmer; the other (white) from the motorized valve.

A better way is as follows:

Connect receiver to L , N and E as in the 230V diagram (leave link in place).
Disconnect the white wire from 9 and connect it to 4.
Connect a wire from receiver SL ON to terminal 4.

The CH side of the original programmer has now been bypassed.

I've ignored the diagram the Op posted, can you even make out the wires?? Better eyes than me! ;)

Sponsored Links
I've ignored the diagram the Op posted, can you even make out the wires?? Better eyes than me! ;)

Agreed, a little small, note to self to go for poster size if I need to in future :LOL:

Listen guys, have just finished the installation and all is working thanks to the advice received, so just to say I am grateful people are willing to lead the less knowledgeable like myself, it's very much appreciated.

I've ignored the diagram the Op posted, can you even make out the wires??
Click on the pic and it enlarges. If you then click on the square with an arrow (next to the X) it will enlarge further and you can just make out the wiring. Pity the background wasn't white; it would have been easier to read.

I've ignored the diagram the Op posted, can you even make out the wires??
Click on the pic and it enlarges. If you then click on the square with an arrow (next to the X) it will enlarge further and you can just make out the wiring. Pity the background wasn't white; it would have been easier to read.

Thanks. I knew I could click it once but not a second time! Still, no need for all those neutrals and earths.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back